Today is my birthday! I am officially IN my 30s, and I must say it feels good. 20s were fun, but also sort of strange and scary and oh-my-gosh-i-have-no-clue-what-to-do-or-how-to-do-it. Being 30 felt noticeably different, in a really great way, and I think 31 is going to be even better.
So, being a natural born list maker, here are 30 things I did this year, as a 30 year old!
1. Moved to Nashville
2. Moved into the artists lofts in Nashville
3. Got jobs at 2 pretty cool restaurants
4. Sewed like 20 quilts
5. Went to Dolly Wood
6. Spent a weekend in Asheville, NC
7. Went to Chatanooga
8. Went to Asutralia!
9. Welcomed my best friend’s first baby to the world
10. Made new friends
11. Kept in touch with old friends
12. Ate my first lobster roll
13. Saw a moose.
14. Went to New Hampshire and Boston
15. Built a website
16. Celebrated the weddings of 3 great couples: Melissa and Jeff, Steph and Jason, and Stacey and Joe.
17. Successfully pitched a new apron idea to the restaurant where I work
18. Did yoga every day for 3 months
19. Hosted my first Thanksgiving
20. Threw a ladies brunch
21. Swam in the Pacific AND the Atlantic Oceans
22. Ate sea urchin
23. Saw a koala, an emu, and some kangaroos
24. Rode a roller coaster
25. Swam in a lake
26. Went to the state fair
27. Started waking up early!
28. Attempted to sew some clothes
29. Downsized my belongings to move into my studio (and it felt great)
30. Stopped just dreaming about a fabric store, and started working on making it real!
It has really been a great year full of great people and great places, and, as always, lots of unexpected surprises. I’ve really seen the power of saying yes to new experiences, and I am excited to see what 31 will bring!